things fall apart.

Photobucket

how many worlds can we live in at once? how many times can we separate ourselves before there is nothing left? sometimes i feel so tangled up in my writing/ reading world or in my internet world or my bloodmilk world that i forget what my real world is all about. winter makes me want to never leave the house and when you work from home, things can get a bit slippery. anyway, i've been really into these glacier paintings by fellow etsy seller jeremy miranda. i've had a weird affinity for glaciers since my parents came home from alaska after a trip one year. my mom took over 1,000 photos of glaciers falling apart and the image of her doing this in such a cold place with her trained eye has stuck with me these past few years and has given me a sort of personal attachment to them. i once even wrote a 300 word autobiography about glaciers on a whim under the influence of spirits for a contest. i was one of a handful of people to win. the prize was having my face enormous and my words tiny on a bus shelter poster for the entire summer, which was also the summer i met my love. something about glaciers, falling apart. a strange world.

Photobucket
Photobucket
xoxo


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.