Faux Sho'

When an artist looks hard enough at an item
and replicates that substance or technique
in a convincing and beautiful way of their own,
I like to say:

" That's nice. Faux Sho."

Polymer clay and porcelain are the
triumphant mediums chosen today to demonstrate
the art of mimicry.

Here are some exemplary examples of faux-bility!



Check out these beautiful brick beads
by laurelsteven on Etsy.
Would you believe they're really polymer clay?
Faux Fantastic!
~




I'm getting pretty hungry, I want a little cracker snack.
Better not munch these cuties!
They're actually porcelain clay made by chARiTyelise!
Faux real?
~


Is it wood? Tigereye?
Nope! Polymer clay again.
Karmelidesigns has infused her poymer clay mixture
with real spices to create the
stunning striations in this show-stopping pendant.
~




And one more beautiful impostor.
This gorgeous Black Orchid Necklace was made by
the ancient art of clois...Polymer Clay!
I almost fooled you with this one by artist Eugena777 on Etsy.
What I can't stop thinking about is the hours of
experimentation that must have gone into perfecting this technique.
~




This is not
an antique Victorian Love Token
as it may appear, but a new creation
from my hot little hands.
The first in a series of faux metalwork.

I have recently been inspired
by the metal working techniques
of engraving and traditional soldering.
As I have no training in these techniques, I took to the
polymer clay with which I sculpt
to create my lead free pewter castings.

~

Bravo and congratulations to these artists!
Your work inspires us
to look closer, notice more detail
and celebrate beauty with whatever medium
we hold closest to our heart and hands.

Tell me- which faux do
you fancy?
~



What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.