Past, Present and Future

by MaryAnn Carroll

I thought I would share my Saturday adventures.  I am fortunate enough to have 3 beautiful grandchildren.  My oldest grandchild Lacey had her first sleep over with us on Friday.  She and I had a big day planned for Saturday.  First, on the agenda was making jewelry!  Encouraging creativity while they're young, hopefully, will carry over into adult life.  Since we were headed to the bead store, we took along the latest beads that she and her cousin Kim glazed the last time they were over...

...Since I'm all about 'creating handmade with handmade' I encouraged her to bring her own glazed beads along in hopes that she might be able to combine them with the lady bugs that she wanted to find at the bead store....


We arrived at our destination Beads and Beyond in Cortland, NY.  Carol, the owner, is always so pleasant, friendly and also.... helpful!  Soon after Carol purchased a small bead shop, she packed up and moved into the old factory along with other small businesses.


I live in an area that is close to many large craft supply stores, but I prefer to support our local small businesses.....


 And Carol carries a tremendous variety of beads.  One of the many things I like about her shop is that there are soooo many beads that you can purchase individually rather than having to purchase entire strands....


Then, there is the cozy spot in the back where all customers are welcome to sit and create.  Carol offers assistance to newbies......


And here is one newbie.... A FUTURE designer :O)


...who was once on a mission for a ladybug, but is now having a hard time deciding once faced with so many choices....  I think we can all relate to that!


Choice made.... interest redirected to the tables of beads and...


Nonnie (that's me ;o) makes the charm bracelet!

Now, it is off to visit the PAST....

That is the PAST, alright!

It is the Museum of the Earth in Ithaca, NY.


This is AMAZING!!!


Look at all of these!  Trying to find the right fossil is like trying to find the right bead....


Got it!!!  Let me investigate a little further!


Hmmm.....  I think those might be some sort of shell imprint....


It was then time to say good-bye to one of the many dogs that were in the museum visiting from the dog rescue organization in Tompkins County.

Now...  I'm going to quickly move on to the PRESENT... since I'm losing steam ;o)

 Well... this was Lacey after yesterday's trip. 

I'm sure she has quickly recovered and is up and running around today.


Me, however....  I'm still looking similiar to the picture above.  I think I'll have a low key day and glaze some more beads!
What are your current creative plans for today or tomorrow or perhaps, some other time in the future?


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.