Stumbling into new territory……………..


By Staci L. Smith

Making beads to sell is still fairly new to me.  

 It’s been a wonderful experience, though I often feel like I am stumbling around, going, “oh, this is cool” or “I’d like to try that”, but mostly saying, “I wonder if this will work?”.  But the stumbling is good.  Stumbling leads to experimenting, which leads to creativity, and gives a freedom I don’t get from solely making jewelry.  I am wonderfully free to create, and I don’t have to think of how I will use this, or if it fits my jewelry style.  I can just make it and sell it to someone who knows just what to do with it.

Here is the latest “stumbling” I have done. 



Polymer with crackle glaze.










Click on the photos to view them closer, so you can really see the crackle- its the best part.


I am sure I have said this before, but jump (or stumble).  You never know where you will land.  And you can always jump back if you don't like it.  BUT, you just may love it.

I am having a blast. 


What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.