The Plan

Do you sell your jewelry or beads at shows?  If you do, then you will know what I mean when I say, "What is your plan?" 

I don't know about you, but I agonize over shows.  My plan is usually, simply (ha! never simple!) this.....to have some of everything, in every size, shape and color.


But you know what.......even with a lot of hours, hard work, and determination, I never get there.  Because there is so much more that goes into shows, that the actual making of the jewelry somehow doesn't always get done!  Now, don't get me wrong, I have plenty to sell.  Yet, I always want something new at each show.   I always want to fine tune my display (and to prove it, you can click here to see my displays through the years, and how much they have changed).

 I always need to make a new sign for something.  I always need to run out and get things at the last minute.  And I never get to make all the wonderful things that fill my head, fill my sketch books, & fill my lists.

I think I am learning, that the plan, is simply that, a plan.  It is not the only way, or the way it has to be, but a plan, to guide me along, until I simply run out of time.  I am learning to go with the flow.

So what is your plan for shows?  Do you feel like you never get done all that you want to? 


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.