Reflecting

by Barbara Lewis

A lot of us, at this time of year, reflect on the past ... all that we've been given ... all that we've done.  This led me to stroll through I-Photo to look at some of my old work, which goes back to August 2008. Many of them show my former life as a potter, my love of knotted thread, leather cording.

Knotted bead clusters and turquoise


Ceramic pendants with etched and stamped brass, and one of my first enameled things

Ceramic pendant with African clay and glass beads, an amber bead from a flea market

Pit-fired ceramic beads and turquoise

Sea glass from Chesapeake Bay on a leather and chain bracelet.

The aqua and pink metal is the former steel siding of an old beach house we bought, which is riveted to the front.

Sterling tube rivets

If I don't get a chance to talk to you tomorrow, have a wonderful Thanksgiving ... and beware of the sedative effects of turkey ... or could it really be the copious amounts of food we'll all be eating!

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.