Do you remember I promised to clean the studio?


If you were visiting LMAJ two weeks ago, this is what you saw ...



 What follows are photos of how the studio looks today.  Tomorrow may be another matter entirely.  I'm a little bit of a tool junkie. Many times I'll ask for tools for presents: Christmas, birthday, anniversary. One year I asked for a stationary tub for Mother's Day ... !  So, this studio has been acquired over about 15 years.

The studio is in a detached building a few steps from the house.  Here's the view when I walk into the studio. 

Work tables.  Across the continental divide is another set of tables.

5 lb containers of Thompson Enamel.  We're up to over 75 colors!


The packing area ... with the ever-present stereo!

Beads, beads and more beads ... waiting for a little color ... or your color!

3 oz. and 8 oz. jars of enamel waiting to fly off the shelves!

A rolling mill, bench shear, and a hydraulic die press, which I'll use when I get more time!

One of the torch areas with a vent hood!  This torch uses propane and oxygen from an oxygen concentrator. 

A polishing/grinder gizmo with a filter. To the right are two kilns I've never used to fire enamel!

Soldering area with pickle pot.

Bench for working with metal.  I simply turn around and I have dapping blocks at the ready.  

Enamels that David, my son, and I use to add color to our beads.  Right now they're in alphabetical order but don't check back next week!  To the left are plastic bead trays.

What's on my work bench ... some pendants ...

and some hearts waiting for paint and resin!


The studio is very industrial looking.  It will never be in "Where Women Create," but it's my little piece of heaven on earth. :-) 



Category Article , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.