Simple Ceramic Button Clasp

by Summers Studio


I learned how to make this style of clasp from Lorelei Eurto. It's a simple way to make a focal out of a large ceramic button.


                                     

It's essentially a variation on an S style clasp. I used quite heavy gauge wire in this one, 16 gauge, so that I'd get a nice sturdy clasp that wouldn't warp under the stress of being worn. One of the problems I had with it though was that the button wobbled on the wire. But I had one of those eureka moments, which really do not happen often enough.


I used a smaller gauge wire and wound it back through the button holes to sturdy up the clasp. Now it looks a bit like the button is sewn on.

Want more details on how to make this type of clasp? Click here to go see Lorelei's excellent video of her technique.


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.