Being True

by Izzy Winterhart

"Six essential qualities that are the key to success:
Sincerity, personal integrity,
humility, courtesy,
wisdom, charity."
~ William Menninger

In the beginning of my jewelry making and blogging days I came across so many people that I thought were the absolute greatest. I was enamored. But as time passed I realized some real truths about these individuals. Once I saw through their facade, I was disappointed. It didn't take long for me to wise up. It didn't take long for me to realize how important it is to remain true to yourself and not "fake" a personality for success. I'm not sure why some choose to mask their true selves, perhaps lack of confidence, fear of gaining acceptance, or not knowing their true heart. Who knows. Personally I think it's much easier to just be who you are.

I realize that being true to yourself takes courage. It requires you to be introspective, forthright, tolerant, objective, honest and well, the list goes on and on. But it is so worth it. Being true to the very best that is in you allows you to live your life with consistency. It leaves you an open vessel to creativity and experience.

Here are a few rules I try to follow on my "true" path:
- Follow your own moral philosophies and common sense.
- It's okay to ask the advice of others, but make up your own mind.
- Recognize, acknowledge and grow your own unique talents. Be original.
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T (sing it with Aretha). Respect yourself AND others.
- You are unique, you are different and it's OKAY! Accept it!
- Teach it and preach it. Once people see that you are okay with being you, they will follow suit.

So go ahead. Don't be scared. Jump up and down, dance around and shine that little beam of light that is you!

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.