Display dilemma



by Kelli Pope



Now that I have a lull in my show schedule, I'm back to wanting to tweak my display. I've spent years hunting, finding, scavenging, and gathering my actual jewelry displays: baskets, logs, wooden stands, rock placemats, wood bowls, trivets, etc. I just LOVE the earthy, rugged, and the natural.



Wooden jewelry tray on a rock mat. I covered the tray insert with muslin to give it a more natural look.


Here is my FAVORITE log I caught my sister trying to throw in her fireplace one night. (AHHH!!! The HORROR!!) I rescued it and Steve sanded it for me.


This too was saved from my sister's fireplace. I use it mostly for taking pictures. Once sanded down, it will make a great show display, too.


This WONDERFUL copper and driftwood bracelet stand was purchased from MissFickleMedia.



This is one of the many barnwood picture frames I've lined with burlap. Nails in the top and sides are great for hanging necklaces.





This GREAT little wire and rock flower stand, I picked up at Myrtle's on Main, in Danville, KY this past weekend. I just LOVE it, and it's going to fit right in.



While I still love all of my jewelry displays, I've grown quite tired of it all just sitting on tables. (heavy tables) I've asked the hubby to put on his creative craftsman cap, and come up with some sort of shelving unit that will be easy to pack and assemble. Something repurposed would be a plus. It must be durable, yet light. It must be inexpensive. AND, it must be unique and wonderful! (no pressure, honey!!!) I want it to replace one whole side and be taller to fill in some of the white space of the tent, yet narrower than the table. I'm working on a couple of ideas of my own, but my creative juices run to jewelry, not carpentry..... Any ideas, oh wonderful, creative artists out there???







What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.