Childhood memory........

by Kelli Pope




I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm LOVING the monthly Art Spark!!! It gets my head spinning with ideas! I just love it. While I did not come up with an accomplishment from my childhood I was proud of, it did get me thinking about special times when I was a child. Every Sunday after church, Mom, Daddy me and my 2 older sisters went to my grandmother and grandfather's house for lunch. My aunt and uncle always joined us, and WHAT a spread my grandmother put out. (..........oh and let me correct myself. It wasn't "lunch". It was "supper".

If you're from the country, or have family from the country as I do, you'll understand the difference. Lunch is a sandwich. "Supper" is a full blown meal! ) There was always lots of joking around, teasing, laughing, and sitting around and relaxing. My dad always had to take a spoon to Mamaw's chocolate pie while it was still hot, BEFORE supper, and got swatted. I always got to help my aunt make the mashed potatoes. ........sigh............. Those were innocent, special days and I truly miss my grandparents and my aunt and uncle. It was just those four on my Dad's side, and they are sorely missed. I am truly blessed to have had such wonderful people in my life.



Occasionally, we would go to my mom's parents, who lived out in the country. I remember this HUGE tree in the front yard that my cousins and I always tried to climb. ........ Tree... Family................ hmmmm... what do you know.. it's an ART SPARK!!!!!! It may not quite fit the monthly challenge -my proudest accomplishment, but I can think of nothing I'm more proud of than my wonderful family.


Wire formed tree with silver HipChick bird and leaf. The cross at the bottom is for my roots. :)


How is your "Art Spark" coming along?????

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.