.. another happy ending..................

by Kelli Pope
After using lots of handmade hook closures for my necklaces and bracelets, I wanted another look..... toggles. So, I started making those, too. The best thing about them is, once you have the bar, you just need a link to put it through. That link can be a circle, square, teardrop, whatever shape you want. It can be the end of a chain, a closed jump ring, a soldered piece of wire you've formed and finished, a hand formed clay piece, or.... well, whatever you can imagine, and your heart desires it to be.

Above is an example of one link I created from punching a hole through a copper disc. I then sanded it, hammered it and antiqued it.



I'm sure there are other ways to make the bar for your toggle, but this is the easiest for me. Simply cut a piece of wire. Above is 16ga copper. File the ends so they're nice and smooth and rounded.
Then make a loop in the center. I then hammer mine for strength. You can also use a tumbler. One main point to remember - your bar has to be longer than the widest part of your link. Otherwise, it will fall out when being worn.

And VOILA!! toggles. Remember the link I made for the last blog to use with the hook? Above it also works great with the toggle bar.





...............and it's another happy ending !!!



What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.