Another year comes to a close.........


I cannot believe it is December already. This year has flown by, had plenty of challenges, and been amazing, all at the same time.


As I come into this month, closing a year of business, I am reevaluating many things, making goals for myself, and looking at what I learned.

Here are some things I have learned:

1. Marketing yourself is hard work.

And I don't just mean the hours you put into it. The blogs, the giveaways, the networking......I love all these things, and thankfully they don't feel like work, though they do take lots of time....................but it’s not just that, its mentally challenging. It is so easy to be fearful, you have to constantly reassure yourself that this is what you want, that you are good enough, and, in the end, sometimes, you need some good old fashioned support from friends to remind you too.

2. Focus is everything

I have Artist ADD (well, I really do think I have this, my focus is not far from the button above in most areas of my life). I want to try every new thing out there. Dabble here, dabble there. It's very hard for me to focus on one area too long. I need to be a little more scheduled and focus on one or two tasks at a time.

Here are some goals for next year:

1. Have a money management plan

*sigh* I could spend everything I earn on new tools and supplies. This year, I need to put certain percentages aside for taxes, for next year’s shows, to pay off debt, to pay bills, ect. I plan to only buy what is absolutely necessary as of next year. And to use the extensive supplies I have acquired over many years.

2. To keep better records

TAXES- UG! Don’t get me started! Now, I save everything and log it and do well with it, but it could be easier if I did it more often, and in more detail. I didn't major in accounting for a reason.

3. To keep pushing myself to try new things

I submitted to a couple magazines this year. It was a lot of work, but I loved it. I actually love writing, so it was fun for me, and I plan to submit to more magazines this year. It’s also a great learning experience. I even plan on trying other new things that scare the stuffing outta me.........like getting my work into shops!


So, as the year closes, I am happy.

It’s been a huge learning experience for me. The cyber world has opened new doors. Being a part of LMAJ has given me much confidence, and encouragement (these gals are great!!!) and I think I am ready to tackle another year.

Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me, given me tips, and supported me on this journey.

Your turn, where do your thoughts go as the year comes to a close??

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.