Growing through the tough places.

"One cannot create an art that speaks to men when one has nothing to say."
Andre Malraux


a tiny pot of herb seedlings in a pretty recycled tomato tin.

Hello, fellow Art Jewelry fans! I'm proud to be the newest member of Love My Art Jewelry! I look forward to sharing lots of information with you all and contributing to building a thriving art jewelry community! I look forward to hearing from you all! I will also be helping man Love My Art Jewelry's Twitter, so be sure to follow our tweets! You never know what will pop up there!

For the better part of the last two months, I've been going through a artistic rut. At first, I blamed it on what I like to refer to as "Craft Show Hangover"...wherein you prepare really hard for a large show and then once it's over, you just sort of don't know what to do with yourself. I felt burnt out and was experiencing the joy that I had previously experience with my beads and jewelry.

a bit of a work in progress journal page inspired by my seedlings...

As a mixed-media artist, I began to feel the pull to return to some of the types of work I have done in the past, namely painting, sketching, and book binding, as well as do a bit of gardening. It felt strange to return to things that have not been a staple of my creativity for some time, but I decided, after some thoughtful soul searching to go with my gut and see where this road would lead.

After several weeks of sifting through the flotsam and jetsam of my mind, I have begun to see creeping rhythms of patterns creeping back in.

new charm pendants in progress inspired by my herb garden...

The best part is that switching up my routine has informed new work, refreshed my spirit, and led to new discoveries!

How do you recharge your batteries when you're in a rut?

How do you work through difficult spots in your work and creativity?


Category Article , , , , , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.