Give, Give and Give Some More

by Izzy Winterhart
This, my friends, is all the items in my Etsy shop.  Well, give or take a few.  All the items on the very top row are things I’ve made over the years that may or may not be shop worthy or things that collected too much dust so I’ve taken them off Etsy.  They now sit there, waiting, wondering and pondering their life’s purpose…  Until now.

I’m sending all this beautiful creations off to a wonderful place.  The place is Interact of Wake County.   Interact is a local organization that provides safety, support and awareness to those who have experienced domestic violence and/or rape or sexual assault. 

You know, as jewelry artists, we are all so blessed to have the talent to sit, create and then wear.  I can have the most rotten, crappy day but if I put on a nice outfit, spruce myself up then add some bling that I’ve made, it does wonders.  You all know what I’m talking about.  It is our duty to pass that feeling along to others.  It is our duty to make women feel amazing.  They are already beautiful, you see, we just add the accessories to make them shine.  So all these beauties plus a few more (collecting dust in my jewelry box) and some gorgeous dresses that I can no longer wear are being gently packed up with lots of healing thoughts and heading over to these women.
I’d like to ask you guys to follow suit.  Go through all your stuff and pull out anything not listed in your shops that is collecting dust, or something you were given many moons ago that you never wear, find your local women’s shelter and send a little gift of love.  Just think of the happiness you’ll bring to an amazing spirit who’s simply had or having a rough time.  Help make these women feel beautiful, amazing and strong.


"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."  ~ Anne Frank

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.