How to find Inspiration

How many times have you had one of those days.
You know the ones, those days where you are just stuck and your creative spark isn't there.


I have had so many people ask me how I come up with new ideas. So here  are my top three ways to get back into the groove.


1) You must keep an artist journal. Go to an art show, Etsy or Barnes and Nobel and get a cute blank journal. I don't know how many times I have seen a neat necklace on a movie, TV show etc and an
idea pops into my head. If I don't sketch it out I will forget it. I also cut out pictures that inspire me and glue them into my book. Believe me I have been creatively stuck and looked though my journal and got some new ideas. 




2) Look to nature, the past, and Google. Yep I said it Google. One of my favorite things to do is to Google images. Of course one of my favorites is Seed Pods. I have found tons of pods and then used them to incorporate them into my work.  I also use nature. This seed pod was growing on our banana tree at work. Isn't it beautiful. Of course this shape appears in a lot of my work. This is the pod
that inspired me to do the Google search of Pods. Try it with a shape you love and see what you come up with.








3) Go to your local Art Museum, Zoo, or Botanical Garden. The last time I went to our art museum I saw a painting of a 16 century woman with a beautiful necklace on. Luckily I had my journal with me knowing I would find something to sketch. Others might find a beautiful flower or fern frond.  Just make sure you have your journal with you.


I would love to hear some of your ideas. Let me know what gets your creative juices flowing.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.