Earrings

I am personally more of a necklace girl.  The chunky wild necklaces that I prefer are usually too much with earrings. 

So my earrings to date have been kinda plain and lacking (as a statement piece themselves that is).  They have been made to compliment my necklaces. 

However, my clients aren't all chunky wild necklace ladies.  MANY are earring and bracelet fans. I sold lots of bracelets last year, after not having much the year before.

  So this year, is the year of the earring.  I am excited and hope to create many one of a kind, wild earrings, that can stand alone.................just like my necklaces.

Here are a few pairs I have made already. 


I'm leaning toward dangles and asymetry in the earrings.  I plan to still offer plenty of symetrical pairs, I know some folks just cannot stand their earrings to not match.  I guess growing up in the 80's helped me to accept the mis-matched earrings!

Most all the components I am using are my own or gemstone, shell or natural beads, and I will be throwing in some great handmade pottery beads from other artists too.  The top pair features a  mis-matched set of charms from Starry Road Studio.  I make all my own earwires now, and feel good that I can say they are totally handmade.  (I did use some czech glass on the bottom pair, but they looked so earthy I couldn't pass them by).

So what direction are you going in this season? 
Wiht the start of a new show season, do you focus on a color scheme?  A style?  Or a certain component?

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.