Custom Orders

by Izzy Winterhart

Sometimes I love custom orders.  It's flattering when a customer comes to you and says "I love your work" and "really would like you to make".  Like recently when I made this ring.  My first custom order from a guy.

Originally he wanted leopardskin jasper but I couldn't find a cabochon small enough to do a cold connection bezel.  Then he said, "how about tiger eye".  "Perfect", I said, because I knew I had the perfect one that was waiting for a chance in the spotlight.  

I'm pleased as punch that this little guy turned out to be a beauty and so is my customer.  I typically like to fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to creating, but occasionally it's nice to have a special request.

How about you?  Are you a seat pant flyer or a custom order guru?


What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.