Welcome Jean of ExtraPetite.com to the DSK Family!

Hey everyone! I'm back from my family trip to Hogwarts aka Harvard (Cambridge, MA) to visit my little sister ^^
I want to thank you all for all the warm wishes I've received while I was gone. Vacations are fun and all, but there's no place like home! And now more anything I finally accept Seattle as home. I've left and gone away enough times to feel that this is my city, my home.

Did you know a great trick to feel more at home in a new place is to just leave that place for a few hours and come back? Sometimes when you're at a new place, for example a hotel, or even your new college dorm. It can feel a bit foreign (especially if you're traveling alone). If you feel out of place, or awkward in your new environment, simply leave for a few hours and explore the city and come back...the hotel will instantly feels more warm and home like. And before you know it, you'll find yourself saying "let's go home" to the hotel, dorm, or wherever you may be staying at : )

Now that I am home home, I'm spending this weekend at work in the workshop filling your orders, and answering your emails. Thank you for your patience, I very much appreciate your business and support in my jewelry line.

I will be back with a new jewelry post as soon as I get the current orders mailed out hopefully around Monday, and Tuesday. I have also extended my Complimentary Shipping offer until December 10, 2010 Worldwide.
Please select the $0.00 option at checkout, if you select Priority or Express it will be extra for those services.

Thank you!

*~*~*~*~*

Jean for DSK Jewelry

Now I know many of you have been waiting for this post about our newest addition to the DSK Model Family!
I would like to formally welcome and introduce one of my new blogger besties Jean to DSK Jewelry!


I found Jean through our
DSK Model FrmHeadToToe.com Jen's comment box! I noticed "PAG" comment on one of Jen's blog entries and I clicked her blogger icon. When I visited "PAG" (PetiteAsianGirl ) at her website, www.ExtraPetite.com I was blown away by the professionalism of her petite fashion blog (I thought to myself how creative! This is a young woman who is putting herself out there to help fellow petite working professionals).

What really drew me in was her header banner, it is a picture of this mysterious beautiful woman in a suit with a double strand pearl necklace around her neck. Her side profile was breathtaking to me. Her skin glowing, and her lips - just perfection! I knew I had an instant girl crush (I get a lot of those). The mystery of the missing eyes lured me to read more. I wanted to know what the rest of her looked like! (you know how it is with today's society & our new cyber stalking tendencies, let's not deny it -- we're all guilty!).
The fact that she has
LV & Chanel handbags was just the bonus! I love designer bags :D
That's why I'm giving one away to one of my readers/customers in 21 days : )
Minh and I can't wait to make someone's Christmas a bit extra special.

But Jean's got style, yes she do!
Dear PAG, please share more with us all.
Your blog is eye candy!


The ounce of mystery from this girl who is on "the quest for fashion that fits" just drew me in! At that point in my life, I knew I had to keep on scrolling to find out more about this fashion savvy blogger! I had no idea what "PAG's" real name was for weeks! lol Then one day she posted a Youtube video! She introduced herself to all her viewers on camera and told us her name was Jean.

Based on that video, I have known of Jean now for 5 whole months.
Happy Anniversary to us! haha jk
I love learning more and more about her each day as our friendship grows. We just randomly have a lot in common, and a lot of similarities. It's quite fun to relate to someone your age.

I was so excited that I now knew her real name: Jean !



This is Jean's first Youtube video under the screen name, extrapetiteblog
(Jean also has a "secret" music channel, but mystery makes us grow fonder, right?)
You'll have to ask Jean about that. She has over a million views on that Youtube Channel that she's been hiding from you!

But back to my story,

For weeks I continued to follow PAG's blog, and her Youtube videos. I remember building up the courage to make that first impression comment to her. (I was pretty starstruck when I got a tweet from her for the first time a few months ago).
^_^

It's one of the best feelings in the world.
(Think, getting a reply from one of your favorite idols or someone you following (when they don't know who you are yet). It's that same feeling.

OR ..seeing the Michael Buble Concert for the 2nd time with closer seats! **butterflies** lol
I did take my family + bf Minh to see MB on my vacation (He did sing his new single Hollywood this time!), but more on that later.

Ironically, I went to Cambridge/Boston over holiday. Guess which two of my blogger friends are from Boston?
Pink (Pam) and.. PAG (Jean) !

These two ladies have been such good friends to me. I've known Pam through beauty blog for well over two years now, and I'm still shy to meet her, the Pink.

I was way too shy to even mention meet up with either of the ladies, and I didn't want to be a bother in their daily lives especially since it was Thanksgiving Holiday which is usually everyone's family time in the US. I was also catching up and spending time exploring Boston with my Mom, Dad, Sister (Julia), and bf Minh.

I'm still very much in my "OMG, Jean (PAG) of www.ExtraPetite.com knows I exist and we tweet each other & chat!

Jean probably thinks I'm silly, but I can't help the way I feel inside, butterflies! I'm very much like the rest of you girls who follow beauty blogs, and fashion blogs. Meeting another blogger is very exciting. I've met two local bloggers from Seattle and we are now really the best of friends. I had known them for quite sometime before meeting them. I just want to be able to be comfortable enough to joke around with a new blog friend > RL (real life) friend in daily life without offending them or them thinking I'm weird..and never talk to me again.. not that it has ever happened, but still..it could! lol. I guess I just like to know I'm still in "wow" with how I have the honor of knowing such great ladies from all around the US..and really the World.

Now I know you're probably tired of hearing me (Steph) ramble on and on about my insecurities lol. But now time to meet & get to know Jean if you don't already : )

I had asked Jean to write up some fun facts so we all can get to know her better, and here are her answers!

(joinked from www.extrapetite.com, isn't Jean just cute as a button?! I hope we'll be come life long friends ^^)

Jean: I am so thrilled that Steph, one of my best friends on blogger, has invited me to help represent her DSK brand. I've always admired her drive and passion for DSK, both of which really shine through in her jewelry. I'm excited to meet all of you!

- How old are you? 23. Steph and I are almost twins!

- How tall are you? 4 feet 11 and three quarters...every little bit counts.

- What is your career? I work in risk & compliance for financial companies. We're always at the client so our dress code gets switched up from week to week : )

-
Do you have a boyfriend? 6 years and counting. I grew up in predominantly white areas, and the day I moved into my college dorm I was overjoyed to lay eyes on a hapa from SoCal. I had never seen one before! Being a wide-eyed freshman boy surrounded by flirtatious females, he barely noticed me. Some girls would scorn the thought of aggressively pursuing a guy...but I didn't even think twice. There's no time to play games when you find exactly what you're looking for!

- What's your ethnicity? Chinese American...born in Guangzhou and grew up in the Northeast US.


- What's your favorite food? Way too many, but at the top of my list: shabu, dim sum, shabu, tonkotsu ramen, fried chicken, piping hot Asian noodle soup, nigiri, weird stuff (like tripe, innards, lol).


- How did you start blogging? I started out with an unsuccessful blog titled "Fashionable Finance," in which I droned on about investments and personal finance. I started my current blog to share my trial and error experiences in shopping for clothes that fit. I was tired of being mistaken for a young teen while at work!


- What advice would you give girls out there? Three things I always admire in other women are good posture, confidence, and a smile. The first and the third are really transformational, but are oh-so-frequently overlooked these days. Try it!

(I totally just *snagged* this picture from www.extrapetite.com to show you how amazing her looks, outfits & photos really are!)

To learn even more about Jean, visit her blog at www.ExtraPetite.com
Also, a very big shout out to Jean's boyfriend! He takes her amazing photos.
Thank you Mr. Jean bf! ^_^
We appreciate you too!
P.S. Your girlfriend is very pretty : )

Platinum Pearls & Bow French Earrings
.925 Sterling French Hook Earrings
Swarovski Platinum Pearl
Antique Silver Bow
$15







Lovely Petite Cream Earrings
.925 Sterling Heart Lever Back Earring
*6mm Swarovski Cream Pearls instead of 8mm*
$14








Lemon Quartz Bait Earrings
14k Gold-filled Wirewrap
14k Gold-filled Bait Earring
$16.50
Sold Out, e-mail me (Steph) at dskjewelry@gmail.com to reserve a pair to be made just for you!


To think Jean is now part of DSK Jewelry makes my heart smile :D

^_^

Thank you all for visiting, and please do show Jean your love!

omggg Michael Buble's White Christmas is playing on the radio! Life's good.

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.