I learned something about me today....

by MaryAnn Carroll

- It's early Sunday morning and the first thing I learned upon waking up is that I'm alive another day and grateful for that...

- And yesterday, after I learned that I was happy to be alive... (since I think we should all be happy for that each and every day that we have)...

- and the day progressed...


- I learned ....
- that my fingers heal rather quickly when burned...
- that I am old enough to know better when it comes to getting my fingers burned...
- that, yes, I am probably the messy-est project making person that I know...
- that must be why it doesn't bother me when I am doing projects with my 12 year old students and they are almost as messy about it as me...
- that it is okay to be the way that I am and as long as I'm not hurting anyone..... :O)
- that everything requires practice...
- that Barbara Lewis has given me the opportunity to practice...
- that beginnings are always a little more challenging...
- that I get better at things if I stay at it...



- that it is okay to mess up as long as you learn from it...
- that if you burned your finger twice, you probably didn't learn anything from the first burn...
- that with everything I was able to purchase on Barbara's website, I could create something that I have never tried before...


-that the first bunch of times, it just wasn't looking quite right....


-that persistence pays off...


-that 1 successful bead is all it took to keep me wanting to go back for more...


-that I'm not Barbara Lewis, but I bet I'll get better at this if I keep on practicing...


-that I liked these little ones...  I saved those until the end of my enameling session...


-that I think that they look pretty cool with a couple of my ceramic disks...

So.....there you have it....I've tried something new, and I'm going to try it again...

What might you be trying that you haven't attempted yet when...

~creating handmade with handmade~


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.