Policies: Fashion Jewelry

All orders must be returned within 21 days from the day the shipment is sent for a credit or cash refund. All returned packages must be in their original packaging and a 20% restocking fee will apply. Please contact us for your Return Authorization Number before you send it back. We will not accept any returned merchandise without a return authorization number on the outside of the return box or on the invoice. Please contact us for a return authorization. For your protection, we suggest that all returns be sent back in a padded, rip-proof package, via a traceable carrier with insurance and that you contact At First Sight Braille Jewelry with the carrier’s tracking number.


Restringing
At First Sight will NOT resting any obviously worn fashion jewelry. If a piece breaks within 30 days of reciept, I will happily re-string it.

Higher-end fashion jewelry is almost all the same, whether it’s from this site or a major department store. Comprised of a white and copper metal mix, it has a heavy plating of silver that will not turn your skin colors as plated jewelry once did. Fashion jewelry can last anywhere from three months to many years, depending on how you treat and wear your jewelry, the acidity of your skin, and many other variables over which we have no control. Often too, people work where there are high levels of toxins and chemicals, which will break down the composition of the plating and the metal even more quickly.

If you wear and treat your fashion jewelry as gently as your precious jewelry, chemistry not withstanding, it will last a fair amount of time. Many of my customers still have pieces they bought when I first began selling my Braille jewelry in 2001. That’s always a nice thing to hear! I cannot though, continue to take responsibility for my jewelry once it’s out of my hands, so if you have immediate problems with something, I can replace it or give credit toward another item if you let me know within the 30-day period, but I will not refund purchases beyond 21 days of the shipping date. I have many great customers, some of whom are good friends and acquaintances. That sometimes makes it difficult to conduct business, but I must keep a clear line drawn or I’ll be unable to hang on to my business for much longer, and that would only result in fewer voices lauding the importance of Braille literacy!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.