Mini work bench


My "studio" is actually my living room, which I share with two other adults, 1 Irish Setter, 2 Shar-Peis and 3 cats, so an already small space can get rather crowded! I have a nice jeweler's workbench but it's not really big enough, especially when I need to do some concrete or finishing work that will contaminate my metal clay. I found this sturdy microwave cart at Target. It has a wooden top, one shelf and one flat drawer so with a few modifications it's a perfect mini work bench! I already had the metal drawers (also from Target) which fit almost perfectly, and we added strips of wood around the top to keep stuff from rolling off, screwed in a bench pin, and got a board to put in the flat drawer and now I've a got a compact new workspace! Any metal sawing will still get done on the real bench since it's much more solid, but I can now do my dirty work away from my metal clay area. Yay!

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.